Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Kanupriya Dadariya <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/15 17:04:24 UTC

empty string for language tag in SSH constants

Hi,

I am using  SSH message constant with Apache mina sshd . As most of the
message constants require language tag ,
can you please let me know how Mina handles empty string for language tag ?

Thanks,

Re: empty string for language tag in SSH constants

Posted by Kanupriya Dadariya <ka...@gmail.com>.
As read in the SSH Authentication protocol documents in Mina sshd

>From an internationalization standpoint, it is desired that if a user
+   enters their password, the authentication process will work
+   regardless of what OS and client software the user is using.  Doing
+   so requires normalization.  Systems supporting non-ASCII passwords
+   SHOULD always normalize passwords and user names whenever they are
+   added to the database, or compared (with or without hashing) to
+   existing entries in the database.  SSH implementations that both
+   store the passwords and compare them SHOULD use [RFC4013] for
+   normalization.

Would like to know if this normalization is handled in Mina code and how do
we make sure that i18n is taken care ?

Posted by Kanupriya Dadariya <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Can you *please* stop sending your mails to all the mailing lists you
know? users@mina.apache.org is just good enough.

Thanks !

Le 9/15/12 5:04 PM, Kanupriya Dadariya a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am using  SSH message constant with Apache mina sshd . As most of the
> message constants require language tag ,
> can you please let me know how Mina handles empty string for language tag ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com