Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ferret <fe...@crossflight.co.uk> on 1997/11/07 17:11:55 UTC

general/1380: cgi script fails to load gif

>Number:         1380
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       cgi script fails to load gif
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
when a cgi program creates a page it fails to display the gif.
I have checked the gif can be displayed and when using netscape to view
it directly there is no problem, but the cgi generated page just shows
an image box. If the output from the cgi is saved to a file then the
file is viewed with netscape, the image is displayed.
>How-To-Repeat:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{

	(void)printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");
	(void)printf("<html>\n");
	(void)printf("<body bgcolor=\"#ffffff\">\n");
	(void)printf("<center>");
	(void)printf("<h1>Crossflight Ltd</h1>");
	(void)printf("</center>");
	(void)printf("</body>\n");
	(void)printf("</html>\n");
         exit(0)
}

This is the code I am using (I think this is all the relevant bit). I suggest
try it with a gif of your choice.
>Fix:
Um, only that I need to display a gif from a cgi program.
Also the same code runs fine on apache on linux, so I guess it is related to NT
somehow