Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Paul Mackles <pa...@loopr.com> on 2013/09/28 01:55:01 UTC

mesos/hadoop

Hi - Going by what is currently in the apache git repository, what is the
"recommended" combination of mesos and mesos-hadoop to use?

I originally tried the 0.13.0 tarball which appears to include some version
of mesos-hadoop. While I was able to build it and run some jobs, the task
tracker processes launched by mesos keep on running even after my job
completes. Based on the job-tracker logs, there task-trackers are not
sending the job-tracker any heartbeats so the job-tracker doesn't try to
stop them (even though it reuses them on subsequent jobs).

Based on my interpretation of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-618, it sounds like I should be
using the mesos/hadoop project on github. I managed to get that built from
trunk but I am not having nearly as much luck getting mesos built from the
trunk.

So what combination of mesos and mesos-hadoop is working for folks?

Paul

Re: mesos/hadoop

Posted by Paul Mackles <pa...@loopr.com>.
H Benjamin - Thanks for the quick response. I am keeping notes and will
share with the list after I have had a chance to clean them up.

Will try 0.14.0-rc4.

Thanks again,
Paul

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Benjamin Hindman <
benjamin.hindman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Paul,
>
> Feel free to share your build issues, we'd love to help.
>
> In the mean time, I suggest trying the git tag 0.14.0-rc4 with the
> mesos/hadoop project on Github.
>
> Ben.
>

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Paul Mackles <pa...@loopr.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi - Going by what is currently in the apache git repository, what is the
>> "recommended" combination of mesos and mesos-hadoop to use?
>>
>> I originally tried the 0.13.0 tarball which appears to include some
>> version of mesos-hadoop. While I was able to build it and run some jobs,
>> the task tracker processes launched by mesos keep on running even after my
>> job completes. Based on the job-tracker logs, there task-trackers are not
>> sending the job-tracker any heartbeats so the job-tracker doesn't try to
>> stop them (even though it reuses them on subsequent jobs).
>>
>> Based on my interpretation of
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-618, it sounds like I should
>> be using the mesos/hadoop project on github. I managed to get that built
>> from trunk but I am not having nearly as much luck getting mesos built from
>> the trunk.
>>
>> So what combination of mesos and mesos-hadoop is working for folks?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Paul

Paul

Re: mesos/hadoop

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Du,

Yes, Spark 0.8.0 should work with Mesos 0.14.0-rc4 (as well as the what's
in master).

Have you tried 'make maven-install' for installing Mesos locally in order
to build Spark? You'll need to update the project/SparkBuild.scala to point
to the local maven repository (I think).

Ben.

Re: mesos/hadoop

Posted by Du Li <du...@ericsson.com>.
Hi Ben,

From: Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, September 27, 2013 4:57 PM
To: "user@mesos.apache.org<ma...@mesos.apache.org>" <us...@mesos.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: mesos/hadoop

Hey Paul,

Feel free to share your build issues, we'd love to help.

In the mean time, I suggest trying the git tag 0.14.0-rc4 with the mesos/hadoop project on Github.

Re: mesos/hadoop

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
Hey Paul,