Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by kumars76 <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/07 16:29:24 UTC

How to generate Document Class for each complex element

Hi All,

  I have generated Java Classes for my schema and for some of the classes
XMLBeans didn't generate the Document classes .

  Ex: I have the following XML Node in my schema

  [code]
<xs:element name="NavItem" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <xs:complexContent>
	<xs:extension base="TextLinkNavElementType">
	   <xs:sequence>
		<xs:element ref="NavLevel" minOccurs="0"/>
		<xs:element ref="RemoteNode" minOccurs="0"/>
		<xs:element ref="AppNavLevel" minOccurs="0"/>
	   </xs:sequence>
	<xs:attribute name="defaultNode" type="xs:boolean">
	</xs:attribute>
      </xs:extension>
     </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
 [/code]

 And the generated Java Bean "NavItem" doesn't have parse() method and when
i use

 XmlObject.Factory.parse() i am getting a class cast exception.

  I remember when i used xmlbeans long time (when it was BEA) there used be
some option to explicitly generate Document classes for what ever complex
types we may choose.

  I have gone through the documentation and .xsdconfig but cannot figure out
where this needs to be set.

Thanks
sateesh