Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by jmdev <jh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/03 22:26:28 UTC

Problems Using ActiveMQ 4.1.0 with Geronimo 1.1.1

Not sure if I can do this, but I wanted to use ActiveMQ v4.1.0 with Geronimo
1.1.1.  I have attempted both an MDB and an MDP (leveraging Spring 2.0
inside a WAR).  In both cases, I am getting the dreaded Wire Format
Negotiation error when a connection is attempted with the broker.  I
understand that this error is caused by using incompatible versions of
ActiveMQ.

I thought that I could use <hidden-classes> for org.apache.activemq and
org.activemq, but I am still getting the error.  If I run a stand alone
client with the same version of ActiveMQ 4.1.0, I have no problems
connecting to my broker.

Is there something in Geronimo that is preventing this from working even
though I have defined hidden-classes?

I know that Geronimo > 1.2 is using the updated version of ActiveMQ, but for
this project, we are required to use 1.1.1.

Thanks!

Re: Problems Using ActiveMQ 4.1.0 with Geronimo 1.1.1

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Just in case, have you also unloaded the geronimo/activemq-broker?

If not you can turn it off (and geronimo/activemq) and by editing
$GERONOMO_HOME/var/config/config.xml

<module load="false" ....

Make sure geronimo is not running when you edit the file.

/Peter