Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/26 18:51:19 UTC

Maven2 changes to pom in repository not downloaded.

In November, maven 2.0.9 downloaded a jar and a pom into my local repository.
In the remote repository, the jar has not changed, but the pom has.
When I run maven today, the latest and greatest pom is not getting downloaded.
Is this a bug ? How can I make sure I always get the latest pom version ?

-Thanks

Re: Maven2 changes to pom in repository not downloaded.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have imported many artifacts that are not part of any repository,
> simply wiping out my local cache could create many hours of needless
> work.

You don't have to delete your *entire* local repo, just the artifact
that you want Maven to re-download.  Deleting the directory is easiest
because that will also get the metadata.

(Consider running a repository manager (Archiva, Nexus, Artifactory)
locally to make this a non-issue.)

--
Wendy

Re: Maven2 changes to pom in repository not downloaded.

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Baptiste MATHUS  wrote:
> Well, so why don't you just wipe out your local repository?
> Do it manually so that everything gets downloaded from scratch properly, or
> use the more selective "mvn dependency:purge-local-repository" goal.

I have imported many artifacts that are not part of any repository,
simply wiping out my local cache could create many hours of needless
work.

This is not the first time this type of problem has come up. It only
occurs with 1 specific repository. It takes time just debugging the
problem.

Does anyone know if "Integrity Reports" from Archiva would find this
type of error ?

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Well, so why don't you just wipe out your local repository?
Do it manually so that everything gets downloaded from scratch properly, or
use the more selective "mvn dependency:purge-local-repository" goal.

Cheers

2008/12/26 Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Baptiste MATHUS  wrote:
> > Really, you should never never update a released artifact...
>
> Thats what I believe, but I have no control over the remote repository.
>
> > Did you put the updatePolicy inside the right repo? Namely the
> > pluginRepository...
>
> Yes, I added it to the pluginRepository.
>
> I see it "checking for updates" for the jars the plugin depends on,
> but it does not check for an update of the pom of the plugin.
>
> -Steve

> >> repository.
> >> downloaded.
> version
> >> ?

> >> This is a released plugin.
> >> I added:
> >>     <releases>
> >>                <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
> >>     </releases>
> >>
> >> to my pluginRepository but my old pom is still there.

> > --
> > Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
> > Sauvez un arbre,
> > Mangez un castor !

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Maven2 changes to pom in repository not downloaded.

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.