Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Achille Kamgno-Tatuebu <sl...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2004/02/24 14:56:49 UTC

Starting and stopping Xindice under Linux Redhat 9

Hi,

I have installed Xindice on Linux redhat 9.
Before I could start xindice server without problems, but now When I
start the server with the command "./start" in the Linux terminal I get
the following reply:

                Environment
                -----------
                XINDICE_HOME =  /usr/xindice
                A Xindice instance is already running with PID 19716

when I try to create a collection with "xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n
addressbook" for instance, I get the following error message:

                ERROR : A connection to the Database instance 'db' could
not 			be created. Error: Connection refused

Then I decided to close Xindice and restart it again.
When I do so using the command "./xindice.server stop" then I get:

                ./xindice.server: line 40: kill: (19716) - No such
process

When I type "./xindice.server restart", I get:

                Restarting Xindice with pid 19716
                ./xindice.server: line 50: kill: (19716) - No such
process

Even using the Linux command "kill" to end Xindice doesn't help. I typed
"Kill 19716" and I got:
                bash: kill: (19716) - No such process

My environment variables JAVA_HOME and XINDICE_HOME
have been set correctly. The $XINDICE_HOME/bin directory has been
also added to my PATH environment variable.
I don't know what to do to get Xindice running again,
can someone help me?

Thanks
Achille

Re: Starting and stopping Xindice under Linux Redhat 9

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Achille Kamgno-Tatuebu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have installed Xindice on Linux redhat 9.

Version? For 1.1 use:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-xindice/xindice.sh?rev=1.13

Vadim