Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by DURDINA Michal <Mi...@assetsoft.sk> on 2004/02/16 19:49:50 UTC

[Portal] JSR-168 examples

Hello,
I am having troubles with getting JSR-168 portlet samples running in the portal demo. They still display "The coplet Portlet-1 is currently not available." in the portlet window and write exception in the log:
2004-02-16 19:39:29 WARN    (2004-02-16) 19:39.29:974   [portal  ] (/cocoon/samples/portal/portal) Thread-17/AbstractCopletAdapter: Unable to get content of coplet: Portlet-1
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Portlet couldn't be loaded: testsuite.TestPortlet1

These instructions are given in the portal demo in order to run JSR-168 portlet samples:
>The Cocoon portal supports portlets conforming to the JSR-168. The JSR-168 contains a sample that uses the testsuite from the Jakarta-Pluto project.
>These samples only work if you follow these installation instructions:
>  o Get the jakarta pluto project and install it into Tomcat (Test Pluto now).
>  o Install Cocoon as a web application in Tomcat and remove the Pluto webapp.
>  o Start Tomcat and run the Cocoon portal demo. You should now see two portlets.

So I obtained last sources from jakarta-pluto project, started maven (rc1) fullDeployment, which installed pluto container into my Tomcat (4.1.27). New directories pluto and testsuite were created under %TOMCAT%\webapps. Pluto samples work when accessing http://localhost/pluto/portal.

Now I am using the new release cocoon-2.1.4 running on WinXP platform and I configured Tomcat to deploy cocoon samples in %TOMCAT%\webapps\cocoon21.xml:
<Context path="/cocoon" docBase="D:\cocoon-2.1.4\build\webapp\" reloadable="true" debug="1"/>

... and they are not working.

I tried to delete pluto (according to 2nd point of instructions) from %TOMCAT%webapps, but they are still not working.

Tell me please, what am I doing wrong and why the removal of pluto webapplication is needed.

Thank you,
Michal

RE: [Portal] JSR-168 examples

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

First, deleting the pluto webapp is not really needed, but it's
the webapp itself is not needed as you use Cocoon as the portal
engine.

Now, the problem is that you didn't deploy Cocoon as a war but added
a context definition and "mounted" an external directory. Unfortunately,
this doesn't work in Pluto, you have to deploy Cocoon into the
Tomcat webapps directory.

Carsten