Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ahmed Al-Obaidy <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/03 00:43:07 UTC

ArabicAnalyzer

I've wrote a simple (but yet useful) ArabicAnalyzer, ArabicTokenizer and ArabicFilter. It can handle Arabic text very well.

I've tested it with large set of Arabic documents and it worked OK both in term of accuracy and performance.

The code is released under Apache 2.0 license. And I would be very happy if you include it with the code tree.

Cheers,

Re: ArabicAnalyzer

Posted by DM Smith <dm...@gmail.com>.
On May 2, 2009, at 6:43 PM, Ahmed Al-Obaidy wrote:

> I've wrote a simple (but yet useful) ArabicAnalyzer, ArabicTokenizer
> and ArabicFilter. It can handle Arabic text very well.
>
> I've tested it with large set of Arabic documents and it worked OK
> both in term of accuracy and performance.
>
> The code is released under Apache 2.0 license. And I would be very
> happy if you include it with the code tree.

Sounds super. Do you know if it will handle Farsi as well?

-- DM Smith