Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dejan Grujic <de...@cogin.com> on 2016/11/15 12:21:13 UTC

Feedback needed for QueueExplorer

Hi everyone. I'm looking for feedback for queue managing utility
QueueExplorer. It's available for MSMQ for more than a decade, but with
upcoming version 4 it will support ActiveMQ too.

Let's get bad news first:
- it's commercial and closed source
- it's a Windows desktop application (.Net and WinForms)
- it uses Jolokia, and since it was included in ActiveMQ since 5.8.0 that's
the earliest version we support

So it won't work for everyone but I hope at least some people will find it
useful. It's currently in Beta. Any kind of feedback is welcome.

http://cogin.com/QueueExplorer/ActiveMQ/

Re: Feedback needed for QueueExplorer

Posted by Dejan Grujic <de...@cogin.com>.
No, it currently doesn't work with Artemis.
On first glance it appears that Artemis management API, which we use through
jolokia REST API, is different from ActiveMQ one. But it seems to expose all
that we need, just in a different way, so it should be possible to support
Artemis in the future.

Re: Feedback needed for QueueExplorer

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Artemis? :)

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016, Dejan Grujic <de...@cogin.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm looking for feedback for queue managing utility
> QueueExplorer. It's available for MSMQ for more than a decade, but with
> upcoming version 4 it will support ActiveMQ too.
>
> Let's get bad news first:
> - it's commercial and closed source
> - it's a Windows desktop application (.Net and WinForms)
> - it uses Jolokia, and since it was included in ActiveMQ since 5.8.0 that's
> the earliest version we support
>
> So it won't work for everyone but I hope at least some people will find it
> useful. It's currently in Beta. Any kind of feedback is welcome.
>
> http://cogin.com/QueueExplorer/ActiveMQ/

Clebert Suconic