Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Jonathan Christian <jc...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 23:15:20 UTC

Simulate iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in iOS Simulator

Hello Apache Users,

I'm running the latest Adobe AIR 15 with Apache Flex 4.13 on a Mac with
Flash Builder.

Is there a way to simulate the new iPhones in the iOS simulator? I have
tried to change the simulated device after a successful deploy (it defaults
at an iPhone 5 and I swapped it to a 6 and 6 Plus) and the app doesn't exist
when swapping device types. I tried changing the launch image size to
414w-736@3x.png to force the simular to open that resolution and had no
luck.

Any other ideas/solutions would be great!

Re: Simulate iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in iOS Simulator

Posted by Jonathan Christian <jc...@gmail.com>.
I found an answer to my question here  -
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1582545

"The only way i found for Xcode6 with Air 15.0.0274 is to manually install
the apps in the same place as the included native ones .
Go to the xcode directory below in applications:-

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SD
Ks/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/Applications

you'll need to unpack the .ipa file and copy the .app into the  directory
above, it needs authentication, then fire up the simulator
by opening xcode :-

on the xcode menu - go to :-
xcode - open developer tool - IOS simulator

you should see the app in which ever simulator you choose on the second
screen - swipe left  .. fingers crossed.."