Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> on 2005/05/24 07:36:55 UTC

How can I specify a Servlet API JAR for compiling but exclude that from a release?

Greetings,

I need to specify the API Jars for JSP and Servlets to compile my
project sources. But I don't need these to be packaged up when I prepare
a release as these will be available from the J2EE container.

How can I ensure that? I don't see any flags in dependency tags that
allow me to do that.

TIA.

Cheers,

Rahul

Re: How can I specify a Servlet API JAR for compiling but exclude that from a release?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Assuming you are using Maven 1.0, you must explicitly include the ones
you want in there using <war.bundle>, <ear.bundle>, etc properties.
Each plugin should give more details.

- Brett