Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2000/10/11 17:06:28 UTC

Re: Interesting XSL problem

James, I think you probably want to post to the xalan-dev list.

-scott

                    "James Cook"
                    <jimcook@inam        To:     <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                    e.com>               cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Interesting XSL problem
                    10/11/00
                    11:26 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xerces-j-dev

If there is a better list to pose XSL questions, please let me know. I'm
just
getting my feet wet in this area, and I'm sure to have a lot of questions.

Assume that I am in an <xsl:template> tag that has successfully matched a
node
in my XML doc. I want to produce HTML output of a checkbox input field. If
an
element of my matched node contains a boolean value of 'true', I want the
form
checkbox to appear as checked, otherwise it should be clear.

XML
===
<node>
    <Control>
        true
    </Control>
</node>

XSL
===
<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="true">
    <xsl:value-of select="Control=true">
        <xsl:attribute name="checked"/>
    </xsl:value-of>
</input>

I get a SAX parse exception at the end of the <xsl:attribute> tag, for some
reason. Any thoughts on how I might accomplish this?

thanks,
jim