Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Michael Price <mi...@computer.org> on 2003/06/13 16:22:26 UTC

upcoming release

Sorry about the late release. I don't think midweek releases are
going to work for me because of my schedule. So I'll have to
respectfully ask that we move releases to Saturday. Other days are
probably going to conflict.

So what does everyone think? I'm more than happy to do the releases
but it looks like the weekend is my only free time to do so. If we
can start releasing on Saturday then I'm still your man. If not then
I'll probably have to step down as my job and my kids take up my
weekdays.

Michael

Re: upcoming release

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Michael Price <mi...@computer.org> writes:
> Sorry about the late release. I don't think midweek releases are
> going to work for me because of my schedule. So I'll have to
> respectfully ask that we move releases to Saturday. Other days are
> probably going to conflict.
>
> So what does everyone think? I'm more than happy to do the releases
> but it looks like the weekend is my only free time to do so. If we
> can start releasing on Saturday then I'm still your man. If not then
> I'll probably have to step down as my job and my kids take up my
> weekdays.

That's fine, IMHO.  The only reason they had been midweek was that we
used to release from work, as part of the workday.  Now that you're
doing it, it should be whenever is convenient for you.

(We might still mark the milestone complete dates as Thursdays, to
avoid the Friday rush :-) ).

Thanks!

-K

Re: upcoming release

Posted by David Waite <ma...@akuma.org>.
Perhaps rolling releases on Saturday then announcing those releases on
Monday would work :-)

-David Waite

cmpilato@collab.net wrote:

>Michael Price <mi...@computer.org> writes:
>

>>Sorry about the late release. I don't think midweek releases are
>>going to work for me because of my schedule. So I'll have to
>>respectfully ask that we move releases to Saturday. Other days are
>>probably going to conflict.
>>
>>So what does everyone think? I'm more than happy to do the releases
>>but it looks like the weekend is my only free time to do so. If we
>>can start releasing on Saturday then I'm still your man. If not then
>>I'll probably have to step down as my job and my kids take up my
>>weekdays.
>>

>I think the Thursday tradition was based mostly on the idea that if
>something went wrong, Karl, Ben or I could roll a follow-up on Friday.
>But after experiencing the amazing sense of relief that comes from
>someone else rolling these releases (and doing such a great job with
>it, at that), if weekends are better for you, I am soooo +1 on making
>that change.

Re: upcoming release

Posted by cm...@collab.net.