Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bubeník Miroslav <mi...@softec.sk> on 2003/04/04 16:05:05 UTC

[users@httpd] NTLM authentication

Hello,
I'm newbie in Apache configuration and I need to perform NTLM authentication in intranet - I need to have username in HTTP request.
I have downloaded mod_ntlm for apache 1.3, mod_auth_sspi for apache 2 - both for w2k and also mod_ntlm for unix (I tried all of them - windows modules on W2k prof and unix module on linux mandrake 6.1)
I have problems with configuration of those modules:
in all cases I configuration seems like this:

<directory>
  AuthType NTLM
  NTLMAuth On
  NTLMAuthoritative Off
  NTLMOfferBasic Off
  NTLMDomain [intranet-domain]
  NTLMServer [domain-controller-in-windows-network]
  require valid-user
<directory>

Somewhere I read, that directory element has some additional parameters like ("C"\NTLM") and I don't know, what does it mean.
Thanx for any advice.

miro