Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by James Kinley <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 17:43:55 UTC

Sub-workflow not transitioning

Hi,

I have a fairly complex workflow with multiple sub-workflows, forks, and joins.

The majority of the time the workflow runs end-to-end without any
problems. However on occasions one of the sub-workflows will appear to
"freeze". When this happens all of the actions defined in the
sub-workflow have a status of "OK" (and nothing is running in Hadoop)
but it sits there indefinitely in a "RUNNING" state and does not
transition back to the parent workflow. I'm not sure if the workflow
is getting stuck on the final Join or End node.

We are running Oozie 2.3.2 (from CDH3u2).

Any help or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Re: Sub-workflow not transitioning

Posted by Ken Ernst <ke...@mobileposse.com>.
How many jobs are you forking at once? I found that with derby (if you are
using derby as the oozie data store) that it will sometime hang up with
deadlocks. I also find with derby that if there are too many records (old
jobs) in the db this causes issues.