Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Vibhath Ileperuma <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/01 16:04:48 UTC

Developing a custom processor which manages it state

Hi all,

I'm developing a custom processor which requires state management.
According to the NIFI developer guide, the entire state map should be less
than 1MB if we are doing the state management in cluster scope. However,
since the state map can be grown more than 1MB in my case, I'm planning to
use an external db which should be connected via a JDBC connection.
Here, can we configure NIFI to use an external db for state management
instead of default zookeeper mechanism? Or do I need to implement the whole
state management by myself?
If it is required to implement the state management by myself, I'm
wondering if you can point out the things which I should be careful of.

Thank You.
Best Regards,
Vibhath.