Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/17 09:13:31 UTC

[Axis2] Soap builder next problems

Hi All,
    In case of handling MTOM, what we basically do is to get the MIME
parts from the stream and build a binary data map and set that map to
SOAP builder.
    The SOAP builder is supposed to look into this binary data map and
attach the relevant data handlers to the correct places when building
the SOAP body.

    However, given that we do not have the luxury of polymorphism
enjoyed by Java implementation, our OM and SOAP 'next' mechanisms are
different. In most of the cases what the users does is to access the
base node from SOAP body and then onwards pull the om tree, in which
case, SOAP builder's next is not called. Hence we miss the binary parts.
I worked around this to call 'has fault' check, in case we have mtom.
Has fault seem to build the hole SOAP body by mistake (so there is a bug
as well). But I used this bug to ensure the data handlers are attached
in the correct place.

    We need to fix these issues.

Thanks,
Samisa...