Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/06 20:36:20 UTC

[REVOTE] Apache MyFaces Extension Scripting 1.0.4

Hello Everyone:

I now have cleaned up the missing license files and have added a Rat
task for future missing license detection. So here we go again:

I was running the needed tasks to get the 1.0.4 release of Apache
MyFaces Extension Scripting out.

This release is a bugfix and improvement release, it introduces CDI
support for Openwebbeans and reenables Windows compatibility.

The artifacts are deployed to Nexus [1] [2].

Release Notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310964&version=12320341

Please take a look at the 1.0.4 artifacts and vote!

Please note:
This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes (see [3]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
and why..............

Werner

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-121/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/scripting/

[2]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-121/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/scripting/extscript-root/1.0.4/extscript-root-1.0.4-source-release.zip

[3] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

Re: [REVOTE] Apache MyFaces Extension Scripting 1.0.4

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Just to sum things up, it was not really a showstopper but for new users
a big problem, I personally think that it was severe enough that I felt
justified to stop the voting again. While I am sure that the code is in
a good shape and ready for a release (the demo less so it needs some
rework), I will wait a few days and give it another testing round before
restarting another vote.

Werner

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Am 06.08.12 23:05, schrieb Leonardo Uribe:
> +0
>
> I tried to run mvn clean jetty:run-exploded , to check the examples
> and I have this exception:
>
> SEVERE: Class org.apache.myfaces.groovyloader.test.TestNavigationHandler
> not found
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.myfaces.groovyloader.test.TestNavigationHandler
>          at
Ok I will investigate the issue, lets see if it is a showstopper, the
Error should not be there, and at my last testing was not there.

Werner

Re: [REVOTE] Apache MyFaces Extension Scripting 1.0.4

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+0

I tried to run mvn clean jetty:run-exploded , to check the examples
and I have this exception:

SEVERE: Class org.apache.myfaces.groovyloader.test.TestNavigationHandler
not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.myfaces.groovyloader.test.TestNavigationHandler
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass(SelfFirstStrategy.java:50)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:244)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:230)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:424)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:377)
        at org.apache.myfaces.shared.util.ClassUtils.classForName(ClassUtils.java:199)
        at org.apache.myfaces.shared.util.ClassUtils.simpleClassForName(ClassUtils.java:218

I also tried to run the script located in:

./run20.sh

It throws the same exception

Before the exception I can see the following messages:

Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
dispatchInitializationEvent
INFO: Processing plugin
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Instantiating StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Loading configuration
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Loading Scripting end
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] initializing startup daemon
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] initializing startup daemon end
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Initial Scan and compile
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Starting Change Monitor
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] Startup done
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] init the chain loader for class loading
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.jsf.startup.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader
startup
INFO: [EXT-SCRIPTING] registering the JSF Implementation
Aug 6, 2012 3:56:19 PM
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
dispatchInitializationEvent
INFO: Processing MyFaces plugins done

Which means it is initialized. Since I cannot confirm this is a bug or
an error in the examples or an error in my environment, my vote is +0.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1