Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by "Pitoniak, Michael" <mp...@enterasys.com> on 2009/04/28 20:43:16 UTC

static mehods in handlers

Greetings,

 In the previous release I heavily leveraged static methods in handlers. This does not appear to be supported in the latest release, as PropertyHandlerMapping.addHandler() does not add static methods. Is there a work around for this?

Thx,

mike

RE: static mehods in handlers

Posted by Michael Pitoniak <pi...@msn.com>.
Jochen,

 I am embarassed to say that i was actually using xmlrpc-2.0.jar....failed to recognize the fact that this was a new release of the 3.0 version, and not an update to the one i am using.

 That being said, the 2.0 version allowed for static methods to be used in handlers...is it not possible to do this under 3.0?
I suspect that there is probably a good reason for this, and have begun to move my static methods over to instance versions.

Thanks for any guidance.

mike

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Michael,

--
Don't trust a government that doesn't trust you.