Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Derek Poh <dp...@globalsources.com> on 2018/08/31 01:26:50 UTC

change DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory deleteByQuery NOW parameter time zone

Hi

Can the timezone of the NOW parameter in the |deleteByQuery| of the
DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory be change to my timezone?

I am in SG and using solr 6.5.1.

The timestamp of the entries in the solr.log is in my timezone but the
NOW parameter of the |deleteByQuery| is a different timezone (UTC?).

The |deleteByQuery| entry in the solr.log:

2018-08-30 16:34:03.941 INFO  (qtp834133664-3600) [c:exhibitor_product_2
s:shard1 r:core_node1 x:exhibitor_product_2_shard1_replica2]
o.a.s.u.p.LogUpdateProcessorFactory
[exhibitor_product_2_shard1_replica2]  webapp=/solr path=/update
params={update.distrib=FROMLEADER&_version_=-1610212229046599680&distrib.from=http://192.168.83.152:8983/solr/exhibitor_product_2_shard1_replica1/&wt=javabin&version=2}{deleteByQuery={!cache=false}P_TradeShowOnlineEndDate:[*
TO 2018-08-30T08:34:06.804Z] (-1610212229046599680)} 0 23

DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory definition in solrconfig.xml:

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="exhibitor-product-chain">
   <processor class="solr.CloneFieldUpdateProcessorFactory">
     <str name="source">P_SupplierId</str>
     <str name="source">P_TradeShowId</str>
     <str name="source">P_ProductId</str>
     <str name="dest">id</str>
   </processor>
   <processor class="solr.ConcatFieldUpdateProcessorFactory">
     <str name="fieldName">id</str>
     <str name="delimiter"></str>
   </processor>
   <processor class="solr.TolerantUpdateProcessorFactory">
      <int name="maxErrors">-1</int>
   </processor>
   <processor class="solr.processor.DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory">
     <null name="ttlFieldName"/>
     <null name="ttlParamName"/>
     <int name="autoDeletePeriodSeconds">86400</int>
     <str name="expirationFieldName">P_TradeShowOnlineEndDate</str>
   </processor>
   <processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
   <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
</updateRequestProcessorChain>

<field name="P_TradeShowOnlineEndDate" type="date" indexed="true"
stored="true" multiValued="false"/>

Derek

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments), whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.

Re: change DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory deleteByQuery NOW parameter time zone

Posted by Derek Poh <dp...@globalsources.com>.
SG refers to Singaporeand the time is UTC +8.

That means I need to set the P_TradeShowOnlineEndDate date to UTC
instead of UTC +8 as a workaround to it.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.