Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Filip Karnicki <fi...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/17 10:48:09 UTC

[statefun] upgrade path - shared cluster use

Hi, we're currently using statefun 3.1.1 on a shared cloudera cluster,
which is going to be updated to 1.14.x

We think this update might break our jobs, since 3.1.1 is not explicitly
compatible with 1.14.x (
https://flink.apache.org/downloads.html#apache-flink-stateful-functions-311)

Is there any appetite for statefun to always be made compatible with the
latest base flink version, or do we need to stop using the shared cluster
and procure our own? Or is the update of statefun to something like 3.2.0
(based on 1.14.x) just a matter of having the resources to do it?

Thanks
Fil

Re: [statefun] upgrade path - shared cluster use

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@apache.org>.
Hello Fil,
There is a PR opened today for upgrading the main branch to use the latest
Flink version, and after its merged we'll kick the 3.2 release.

Cheers,
Igal

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.