Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Prestel, John D." <Jo...@ngc.com> on 2010/05/12 16:28:50 UTC

application property

Does log4cxx provide a way to set the "application" property on logging
events via, presumably, an appender's configuration? Chainsaw uses this
property to determine which tab a log message should land in. It seems
log4j provides the ability to do this, but it's not clear where log4cxx
stands.

Reference: http://markmail.org/message/5ufciwvzoqyeqc5x

Re: application property

Posted by "Jacob L. Anawalt" <ja...@geckosoftware.com>.
Doesn't it inherit from the parent thread so if you set the MDC before
spawning any new threads it has those properties?

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.

RE: application property

Posted by "Prestel, John D." <Jo...@ngc.com>.
Well that's less than ideal. I would prefer a means to set it once for
the entire process. I'll plan to experiment and poke through the source
unless someone knows how.

Posted by Dale King <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dale King

RE: application property

Posted by "Prestel, John D." <Jo...@ngc.com>.

Re: application property

Posted by Dale King <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dale King

Re: application property

Posted by Dale King <da...@gmail.com>.
Which is yet another reason why we desperately need a new release of
Chainsaw. Most of the network appenders don't even work with the current. I
tried to build chainsaw a while back, but could not get it to build.

Re: application property

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.