Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik Reddy <pk...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/25 15:45:41 UTC

Need Help in Apache SOLR scores logic

Hello Team,

How are you? This is Karthik Reddy and I am working as a Software
Developer. I have one question regarding SOLR scores. One of the projects,
which I am working on we are using Lucene Apache SOLR.
We were using SOLR 5.4.1 initially and then migrated to SOLR 8.4.1. After
migration, I do see the score which is returned by SOLR is got changed in
8.2.0. I would like to use the same score logic as SOLR 5.4.1. Could you
please help what configuration should I change in SOLR 8.4.1 to get the
same scores as version 5.4.1. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Karthik Reddy

Re: Need Help in Apache SOLR scores logic

Posted by Jon Kjær Amundsen <ja...@udbudsvagten.dk>.
Relevance scoring has indeed changed since Solr 6 from the tf/idf vector
model to Okapi BM25.
You will need to set the similarity to ClassicSimilarityFactory in the
schema.

Consult the reference guide[1] how to do it.

[1]
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_4/other-schema-elements.html#similarity

Venlig hilsen/Best regards

*Jon Kjær Amundsen*
Developer

Phone: +45 7023 9080
E-mail: ja@udbudsvagten.dk
Web: www.udbudsvagten.dk
Parken - Tårn D - 8. Sal
Øster Allé 48 | DK - 2100 København

<http://dk.linkedin.com/in/JonKjaerAmundsen/>

Intelligent Offentlig Samhandel
*Før, under og efter udbud*

*Følg UdbudsVagten og markedet her Linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?groupDashboard=&gid=1862353> *