Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Greg Weber <gr...@gregweber.info> on 2011/06/01 20:23:29 UTC

[Lucene.Net] windows phone 7

Has anyone used Lucene .Net on Windows Phone 7? Are there any barriers to
doing so?

Thanks!
Greg Weber

Re: [Lucene.Net] Re: windows phone 7

Posted by Simone Chiaretta <si...@gmail.com>.
You could use the inmemory index instead of the file one, but then of course it would need to be populated every time you open the app

From PiyoPad

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
With subclassing "Directory" and other related classes, you can even store
your index in a DB.

http://marceloochoa.blogspot.com/2007/09/running-lucene-inside-your-oracle-j
vm.html

DIGY.

Never coded to WP7 (yet), but if storage is the only thing to worry
about then all you'll have to do is create an IsolatedStorageDirectory
implementing Lucene.Net.Directories.Directory (IIRC). Take a look at
FSDirectory and RAMDirectory for some implementation details. I don't
think thats gonna be too hard to pull.

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
I'd put it in Contrib.

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
I am - probably have something this weekend, swampped with work. I'll create the issue this evening

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prescott,

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.