Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by aosmakoff <al...@macquarie.com> on 2015/06/16 04:31:52 UTC

AWS Integration

Hi, I am trying to setup a grid that contains both AWS located nodes and ones
in a private network. I understand that the nodes in the cloud will use S3
to register their IPs on startup allowing the node discovery by
TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder. Outside of the cloud the grid might use muticast
finder. My question is how to configure the grid in this mixed scenario. How
nodes in two different domains will discover each other?
Many thanks. Cheers, Alex

Re: AWS Integration

Posted by aosmakoff <al...@macquarie.com>.
Hi Guys. I can confirm now that your suggested approach did work well and we
now have a grid running in AWS using S3 as IP facilitator. The only obstacle
we had was with S3Finder supplied with Ignite. It assumes the access to the
root of the file structure in S3. This is not always the case (not in our
set up where particular development group has access only to a dedicated
node somewhere down the tree) and required overriding S3Finder with a custom
one allowing configurable initial path to be defined. I suggest you consider
extending Ignite's S3Finder to allow this (just a new attribute etc).

However, we've got a problem in setting up a node within a JBOSS container
as part of a hybrid topology we are trying to build. I am listing this as a
separate problem: "Setting up Ignite node inside JBOSS 6 container".

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Alex

Re: AWS Integration

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Here is the documentation for it:
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.1/docs/aws-config

D.

RE: AWS Integration

Posted by aosmakoff <al...@macquarie.com>.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/AWS-Integration-tp495p497.html
NAML<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: AWS Integration

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Alex,