Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Joe Baldwin <jo...@cox.net> on 2008/01/24 06:53:46 UTC

Schema generation Problem

The Cayenne Modeler Schema generator, on occasion, generates some
errors associated with AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (see excerpt below from the
problem report).  I am a tad confused, because I can't figure out what
I could have done to cause this.  I have seen the problem arise
before, and my solution was to noodle around with the ER Model, and
presto, the errors go away.  Unfortunately, the come back now an again
so I guess I will have to figure out what the heck I am doing to cause
this (and it would be nice to figure out what I was doing that
resulted in the problem going away so I can do it again :) ).

The datasource is MySQL.  I have created an Integer PK attribute
called "oid".  The "PK Generation Strategy" is database generated.

My guess is that I have inadvertently gotten something out of sync in
the Modeler.  The Problem report does not make sense to me, and upon
checking the MySQL database, the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table is in fact
missing.  Very odd.  Could this be a MySQL problem?

[SQL: CREATE TABLE AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (  TABLE_NAME CHAR(100) NOT NULL,
NEXT_ID INTEGER NOT NULL, UNIQUE (TABLE_NAME))] - Table
'auto_pk_support' already exists
[SQL: DELETE FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT WHERE TABLE_NAME IN ('admin',
'audio', 'customer', 'metadata', 'orderitem', 'photo', 'prodclass',
'product', 'salesorder', 'vendor', 'video')] - Table
'pickerswebsite.auto_pk_support' doesn't exist
[SQL: INSERT INTO AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (TABLE_NAME, NEXT_ID) VALUES
('admin', 200)] - Table 'pickerswebsite.auto_pk_support' doesn't exist

Re: Schema generation Problem

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
That does seem a little strange.  Please file a JIRA issue, and someone will
look into it.

--
Kevin