Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@db.com> on 2013/06/10 12:15:37 UTC

consuming maven repository indexes

Classification: Public

Hi,

Internally, we have hundreds of individual repositories and we are
interested in reporting upon the contents of these repositories.  We can
see nexus has already created the relevant indexes, we would like to use
this data.  I understand maven-indexer is used to create the indexes,
however I am interested in consuming this data.    Are there any examples
of code which access or expose the contents of maven repo indexes?
Pointers to an appropriate API would be great.

thanks,
Nathan

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Re: consuming maven repository indexes

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Have a look at a sample here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/central-indexer-test/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/indexer/test/SearchFromRemoteIndexDownloadTest.java

This sample download the index from central repository and do some search.
HTH

2013/6/10 Nathan Coast <na...@db.com>:
> Classification: Public
>
> Hi,
>
> Internally, we have hundreds of individual repositories and we are
> interested in reporting upon the contents of these repositories.  We can
> see nexus has already created the relevant indexes, we would like to use
> this data.  I understand maven-indexer is used to create the indexes,
> however I am interested in consuming this data.    Are there any examples
> of code which access or expose the contents of maven repo indexes?
> Pointers to an appropriate API would be great.
>
> thanks,
> Nathan
>

> ---
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>
> Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: consuming maven repository indexes [I]

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/6/10 Nathan Coast <na...@db.com>:
> Classification: For internal use only
>
> Thanks Tamas, Olivier,
>
> Your code examples look excellent for my requirements.  From your code,
> the indexer pulls the remote index into a local cache and the queries are
> performed against the local cache.  Is this correct?

yes.

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@db.com>.
Classification: For internal use only

Thanks Tamas, Olivier,

Your code examples look excellent for my requirements.  From your code,
the indexer pulls the remote index into a local cache and the queries are
performed against the local cache.  Is this correct?

thanks again,
Nathan

From:
Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>