Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org> on 2012/05/08 18:55:25 UTC

Introducing myself

Hello.

My name is Paulo. I'm a Claudio and Albino's friend and I would like to
help Apache OpenOffice project.

I'm not a developer, but I have some expertise in wikis (Mediawiki,
Moinmoin, Trac), translations (I am a former translator for BrOffice
Magazine and I helped to create contents for pt-br LibreOffice website and
wiki), localization (pootle), websites, blogs, and documentation (many
chapters of LibreOffice pt-br documentation have my contribution), etc.

I am available to help wherever it is necessary, within my skills described
above.

Cheers.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"Para que as pessoas conquistem a paz em suas relações, a paz espiritual e
a paz entre os povos, é preciso que antes se ganhe a batalha interna das
virtudes sobre os defeitos" - Talal Husseini - Filósofo Acropolitano

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
the peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
2012/5/9 Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> 2012/5/8 Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>:
> > I'm not a developer, but I have some expertise in wikis (Mediawiki,
> > Moinmoin, Trac), translations (I am a former translator for BrOffice
> > Magazine and I helped to create contents for pt-br LibreOffice website
> and
> > wiki), localization (pootle), websites, blogs, and documentation (many
> > chapters of LibreOffice pt-br documentation have my contribution), etc.
>
> Paulo, i wish to organize the mediawiki like we did in LibO. As we
> spoke (in pt-br), is easy to take the content from a place and put in
> other, organizing it while does this work. But now, the challenge is
> greater. I already did the support for translation, but need to
> continue the work.
>
> What you think?

Hi.

Just like I've posted in another thread, I think it's needed to decide what
wiki to work on. Should we build a new structure for AOO in Cwiki, or
should we maintain Mediawiki and recycle the information in it? I like to
think a little far ahead: What do people expect to find in the wiki? Based
on this question, I would choose Mediawiki as the main platform because of
their semantic capabilities. I just don't know if Cwiki has those
capabilities, also. Maybe someone more familiar with that tool could help
me.

> Best,
> Claudio

Cheers.

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
> Hi.
>
> 2012/5/8 Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> My name is Paulo. I'm a Claudio and Albino's friend and I would like to
>> help Apache OpenOffice project.
>>

> Hello my friend, welcome! :)
>

>> I'm not a developer, but I have some expertise in wikis (Mediawiki,
>> Moinmoin, Trac), translations (I am a former translator for BrOffice
>> Magazine and I helped to create contents for pt-br LibreOffice website and
>> wiki), localization (pootle), websites, blogs, and documentation (many
>> chapters of LibreOffice pt-br documentation have my contribution), etc.
>>

> Paulo is one of the best I know how to work with the Wiki. It also speaks /
> reads English very well. I'm sure he will make great contributions.
>
> Best,
> Albino

Paulo, hello! It's good to see you here!

Louis

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 05/08/2012 09:55 AM, Paulo de Souza Lima wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My name is Paulo. I'm a Claudio and Albino's friend and I would like to
> help Apache OpenOffice project.
>
> I'm not a developer, but I have some expertise in wikis (Mediawiki,
> Moinmoin, Trac), translations (I am a former translator for BrOffice
> Magazine and I helped to create contents for pt-br LibreOffice website and
> wiki), localization (pootle), websites, blogs, and documentation (many
> chapters of LibreOffice pt-br documentation have my contribution), etc.
>
> I am available to help wherever it is necessary, within my skills described
> above.
>
> Cheers.

Hello Paulo, and nice to have you join us!

I'm sure we can use your skills! Feel free to have a look around and let
us know how you'd like to help.

MzK

  Helping you out."
                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette