Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sebastien Pelletier <se...@cohera.com> on 2000/10/26 02:54:26 UTC

Threading question

With Xalan 1 or the new Xalan 2, if we start the process of transforming the
XML source (process() method in Xalan 1 or transform() method in Xalan 2) in
a separate background thread, is there a way to explicitely stop the
processing (since it doesn't seems to be a stop() method for the
XLSTProcessor or the Transform object).  I had the idea to explicitely
create a condition in the main thread that would cause the background thread
to throw an exception from my XSLTResultTarget SAX DocumentHandler (in
startElement(...) for example) to exit XSLTProcessor.process(...), but my
stylesheet uses java extensions (bsf.jar), it seems that a SAXException
thrown from my XSLTResultTarget SAX DocumentHandler is caught by the Bean
Scripting Framework before the XSLTProcessor and is ignored, because the
processing continues...  Anyway is there a more simple way to stop a XSLT
Processor before the transformation is completed?  Any suggestions??

Thanks and if you need some additionnal informations, just let me know!

Sebastien Pelletier