Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Josh Jacobson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/08 05:13:14 UTC

AIMPaymentServices.java throws NullPointerException: Authorize.net no longer authorizes cards

Hey everyone,

I have a production server that has been operating for months
processing ~70 credit card transactions on a daily basis through
Authorize.net. There hasn't been any code changes or upgrade, nor any
configuration changes (at least not knowingly). Starting a few days
ago, we started seeing some orders on the ecommerce application being
left in created status (usually, they are either approved or
rejected). This morning, the problem got worse: It no longer is a few
orders, but all of them. All credit card transactions are failing
because of a NullPointerException. The deployment is running 10.04.
Here is an example of the error log:

2011-04-07 18:39:27,211 (TP-Processor54)
[PaymentGatewayServices.java:563:ERROR]
---- exception report ----------------------------------------------------------
Error occurred on: aimCCAuth => {customerIpAddress=99.34.XX.XXX,
userLogin=[GenericEntity:UserLogin][createdStamp,2010-10-13....

(The error goes on for quite some lenght, but I am removing the
information because it contains particulars of the customer creating
the transaction. I also XXX some of the info)

It then proceeds to:

39:25.061(java.sql.Timestamp)][lastUpdatedTxStamp,2011-04-07
18:39:24.991(java.sql.Timestamp)], processAmount=XX.XX}
Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
Message: Service [aimCCAuth] target threw an unexpected exception (null)
Posted by Josh Jacobson <jo...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

That certainly did the trick. Thank you! It had me stomped for many hours.

Posted by Steve Fatula <st...@neobits.com>.

Posted by Josh Jacobson <jo...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

Posted by Steve Fatula <st...@neobits.com>.