Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by a a <te...@yandex.ru> on 2015/09/09 09:19:10 UTC

offline node copy

Hi all.

I have running cassandra cluster and i want add new node in new datanenter(need 100% of data).
But i don't want full data copy by network.
Can i copy data manually and then sync new node to cluster?

Something like:
1. Make snapshot on working node and write to external drive.
2. Restore snapshot on new node.
3. Sync

Re: offline node copy

Posted by Raj Chudasama <ra...@gmail.com>.
wont ur data be out of sync?

Re: offline node copy

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:19 AM, a a <te...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> I have running cassandra cluster and i want add new node in new
> datanenter(need 100% of data).
> But i don't want full data copy by network.
> Can i copy data manually and then sync new node to cluster?

tl;dr - "yes"

http://www.pythian.com/blog/bulk-loading-options-for-cassandra/

=rob