Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arjen Smedes <as...@wisdom.nl> on 2002/09/07 10:46:32 UTC

Issue with Filtering after restart

Hi,

I am encountering the following problem. I have a filter wrapping a HttpRequest in a MultipartWrapper (extending HttpServletRequestWrapper). After a restart of Tomcat (4.0.4), the first time I hit a page calling a servlet with something like this :

if (request instanceof MultipartWrapper) {

do something
}

is ignored (this servlet is configured properly with the filter etc, no problems there, I have extensively tested it.

I log the type of the request object and the first time it is this :

Request is type : org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerHttpRequest

After reloads of the browser or any other operation it logs that the request IS of type MultipartWrapper  (which is what I want the first time as well !)

Any ideas ?

By the way, I have just tested this mechanism on 4.0.4, and it works the same way (i.e. wrong (?)).

Regards,

Arjen Smedes.