Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Tom Henricksen <To...@A-t-g.com> on 2007/05/07 16:38:10 UTC

callback hooks

We are trying to do some diagnostic work on our iBatis code.  We
basically want to pinpoint slow running queries.  Is there anything in
the API we could have call back to our code to tell us the actual query
running or giving us any timing information?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: callback hooks

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Not currently, but it would be possible to hack the
PreparedStatementLogProxy to get that sort of information in the logs.

A caveat here is that by adding logging, you will slow down your
application, and slightly change it's performance profile.

A better way (if possible) would be to use the tools that are provided
by your database vendor for sql profiling.

Larry