Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/27 12:44:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Weex quarterly Podling Report

Hi, there

Weex need to prepare a quarterly Podling Report as a part of Apache Incubator PMC report.As the due day is Wed, January, 02, 2019 and some of the community members will take a vacation on New Year Festival, I suggest we finish report this week.

The content of the Podling Report is below:

Weex is a framework for building Mobile cross-platform high performance UI.

Weex has been incubating since 2016-11-30.

  1. A clear roadmap and corresponding project management, which should all be public and transparent to the community
  2. Committers & PPMC members should be more activate and response in time when dealing with Email, Github Issue/Pull request
  3. More activate committers & PPMC members outside Alibaba Group.

aware of?
The development of Weex is based on the Weex Github Repo, but none of the PPMC members have maintainer or administration privilege on the repo(https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex <https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex>), which makes it time costing or impossible to add Webhook、PR Review Rules, etc. as INFRA member might response to a JIRA issue several days or weeks later.

New Committer: Douma Fang
75 Github issues solved/closed since last report, 56 issues still open.

Released a new version (v0.20.0)
131 PRs since last report

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.
  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [X] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other

Date of last release:
2018-12-10 (v0.20.0)

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
2018-12-10

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.
Yes, they are helpful, maybe one more mentor would be better.

Re: [DISCUSS] Weex quarterly Podling Report

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
As the new year festival is coming, If there is no objection or comment, I will push the final version on Dec, 29th.