Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/15 09:03:57 UTC

[Community][News] OpenLDAP 2.4 is released

Here is the announcement:

http://www.openldap.org/software/release/announce.html

FedoraDS 1.1 is also coming closer:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/

It will be a HOT winter as ApacheDS 2.0 is also coming ;-)

--
Ersin Er

Re: [Community][News] OpenLDAP 2.4 is released

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Howard Chu wrote:
> Ersin Er wrote:
>> Here is the announcement:
>>
>> http://www.openldap.org/software/release/announce.html
Congrat to OpenLdap guys !

>> FedoraDS 1.1 is also coming closer:
>>
>> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/
>
> Those Fedora guys are still hawking the myth that multimaster
> replication means high write performance. To keep perpetuating that
> lie just says they're totally destitute of moral integrity. (Not that
> I'm biased or anything ;)
>
> And they still claim zero-downtime dynamic configuration, yet you
> still need to restart their server whenever you change the SLAPI
> plugin configuration. So much for truth in advertising.
>
> And OpenLDAP beats all of their scalability claims by at least an
> order of magnitude on equivalent hardware.
>
> RedHat is just beating a dead horse. Pretty soon it's not even going
> to twitch any more.
I don't exactly remember if RH forbid comparisons and benchmarks. I
really found the one about AD/ADAM against OpenLdap : very impressive,
and the "AD/ADAM features deficiencies" part is really helpfull. This is
something we would want to put on a matrix somewhere on a web site, for
sure ...

Thanks for the feedback, Howard!

>> It will be a HOT winter as ApacheDS 2.0 is also coming ;-)
Well, atm, it's -4°C in Paris, and I'm freezing ;) But ADS 2.0 is slowly
cooking :)

Thanks Ersin !
cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Community][News] OpenLDAP 2.4 is released

Posted by Howard Chu <hy...@symas.com>.

--
   -- Howard Chu