Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by simran <si...@leonardchristian.com> on 2002/11/27 08:58:30 UTC

OT: localtime can't handle epochs less than 0 ???

Off Topic General Perl Question
-------------------------------

Hi All,

When i use the 'localtime' function in perl 5.6.1 if i pass it an epoch
time of less than 0 then i always get the date of:

  * "Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969"

Is there a method someone knows of (other function, cpan module?,
anything) that will let me convert epochs of less than 0 to valid
date/time strings.

I am using Date::Parse::str2time and that produces epochs of less than
zero.

On another note, can anyone points me to a general perl questions list
that they would recommend (not too much traffic and medium to expert
level?)

thanks,

simran.

Re: OT: localtime can't handle epochs less than 0 ???

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
simran wrote:
> Off Topic General Perl Question

Please don't do that.

And for others, please don't reply to this kind of questions even though
you know the answer, and thus encouraging these questions. Let's keep
focused on mod_perl here.

> On another note, can anyone points me to a general perl questions list
> that they would recommend (not too much traffic and medium to expert
> level?)

Certainly! http://lists.perl.org/ provides a gazillion of perl related
lists and newsgroups for you choose from.