Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/07/15 13:40:35 UTC

Personality and Value Indicators

Hi All

I seem to remember that there is a parameter or a graphic that highlights the mood of the community based on some emotional indicators.  Could kibble be used to also pull out personality or value indicators etc ? (a bit like the Watson API does….)

The reason I’m interested is that I’m doing some research into the Apache Way, ASF culture and values etc for an academic paper so wanted to see if we could somehow try and measure it.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Goal of Kibble [was Re: Personality and Value Indicators]

Posted by Vaibhav Kumar <ku...@ymail.com.INVALID>.
Fyi

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 23:01, Vaibhav Kumar<ku...@ymail.com.INVALID> wrote:   Hi,
Thanks, Daniel.
Yes, so overall kibble is a tool providing visualization rendering different communities like git etc.
I started looking the backend part for it and i can see in the API section there are few folders present and I'm not able to get any idea about the what a module is doing seeing the folder names like bio,ci, code etc.
So if someone can explain what do these folder structures represent and the flow I can start my work on it.
Regards,Vaibhav
  On Saturday, 4 August 2018, 03:55:24 GMT+5:30, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

 On 08/03/2018 07:55 PM, Vaibhav Kumar wrote:
>  Hi,
> I'm new on this open source can someone try explaining what we are trying to achieve here because reading a single line (Apache Kibble is a suite of tools for collecting, aggregating and visualizing activity in software projects) from READ.md doesn't give me any clarity.
> Any help on this would be appreciated
> Regards,Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav, let me expand on the text:

Apache Kibble is a suite of tools (a master server and nodes with
various scanner programs) designed to:

- collect: scan code repositories, mailing lists, forums, issue/bug
trackers, continuous integration tools and more, and put the data into a
database (in other words; what's going on??)
- aggregate: use the collected data to generate statistics, trends,
analyses and more (in other words; what can we deduct from the data we
have gathered?)
- visualize: via the web, you can access the kibble master and see the
collected data and analysed stats in a multitude of charts and lists,
with the option to filter, search and more.

We have a demo at https://demo.kibble.apache.org/ if you want to see it
in action.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: Goal of Kibble [was Re: Personality and Value Indicators]

Posted by Vaibhav Kumar <ku...@ymail.com.INVALID>.
 Hi,

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vaibhav Kumar <ku...@ymail.com.INVALID>.
 Hi,
    On Friday, 3 August 2018, 19:14:59 GMT+5:30, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

 On 08/03/2018 03:41 PM, Sharan wrote:
> Thanks Daniel!
>
> OK let me tell where I was going with this and it's related to the
> research papers I'm doing on the transmission of values and open source
> culture :-D
>
> I was wanting to see we could identify some core values linked to the
> Apache Way and create some type of cultural model (even if it was very
> simplified). Then I was thinking of running the model over our projects
> over time. This could be very interesting in the case of incubator where
> we are trying to embed the Apache Way and culture into new projects (so
> I would expect the model to show a change happening to align the values
> with the Apache ones).
>
> Am I being a bit too over enthusiastic with Kibble's capabilities?

I wonder if what you're looking for is perhaps KPE (Key Phrase
Extraction) instead. Kibble has that via providers, and it shows the key
phrases used in email over time, prevailing topics etc.

We don't have that in the UI yet, but it is in the database, so perhaps
we can whip up an UI and you can take a look at what it's about.

> Thanks
> Sharan
>

> On 3.8.2018 15:22, Daniel Gruno wrote:

>>> Looks like our current provider uses the following traits:
>>>
>>> anger
>>> anticipation
>>> disgust
>>> fear
>>> joy
>>> negative
>>> neutral
>>> positive
>>> sadness
>>> surprise

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 08/03/2018 03:41 PM, Sharan wrote:
> Thanks Daniel!
>
> OK let me tell where I was going with this and it's related to the
> research papers I'm doing on the transmission of values and open source
> culture :-D
>
> I was wanting to see we could identify some core values linked to the
> Apache Way and create some type of cultural model (even if it was very
> simplified). Then I was thinking of running the model over our projects
> over time. This could be very interesting in the case of incubator where
> we are trying to embed the Apache Way and culture into new projects (so
> I would expect the model to show a change happening to align the values
> with the Apache ones).
>
> Am I being a bit too over enthusiastic with Kibble's capabilities?

I wonder if what you're looking for is perhaps KPE (Key Phrase
Extraction) instead. Kibble has that via providers, and it shows the key
phrases used in email over time, prevailing topics etc.

We don't have that in the UI yet, but it is in the database, so perhaps
we can whip up an UI and you can take a look at what it's about.

> Thanks
> Sharan
>

> On 3.8.2018 15:22, Daniel Gruno wrote:

>>> Looks like our current provider uses the following traits:
>>>
>>> anger
>>> anticipation
>>> disgust
>>> fear