Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Zhu, Wen-Jun" <we...@esgyn.cn> on 2018/03/08 10:15:34 UTC

a redundant statement?

Hi,

When I read the function AssignColEntry in file core/sql/sqlcomp/CmpSeabaseDDLcommon.cpp, I find that there are two cliInterface->getAttributes():

cliRC = cliInterface->getAttributes(1, TRUE, fsDatatype, length,
                                    &indOffset, &varOffset);

cliRC = cliInterface->getAttributes(entry, TRUE, fsDatatype, length,
                                    &indOffset, &varOffset);

The output parameters and return value in first invocation are overwritten by the second one.

So I guess, is the fist invocation redundant?

Regards,
Wenjun Zhu

RE: a redundant statement?

Posted by Anoop Sharma <an...@esgyn.com>.
yes, the first call to getAtttibutes with entry value of 1 is leftover obsolete code.
It could be removed.
thanks for finding it.

anoop