Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Monsur Hossain <mo...@monsur.com> on 2005/05/04 07:00:16 UTC

java.util.zip (was Questions about DeleteFile method)

> All: Speaking of my port work for 1.9 RC1, I don't have a
> clear idea what to do about java.util.zip.  There is no
> equivalent in .NET and it is being used in Lucene 1.9 RC1 for
> Index.FieldsWriter and Index.FieldsReader.  Any suggestion?

George, what about SharpZipLib:

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx

It's a third-party project, but its written in C# and is under GPL.
Hmm, but upon first look I don't see a direct analog to the
Inflater/Deflater methods.

Monsur

RE: java.util.zip (was Questions about DeleteFile method)

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi,

I am not too excited about using SharpZipLib -- if I use it, unlike now,
DotLucene will end up with a 3rd party dependency thus, the port can't be
used out of the box.  I know, I might not have a better alternative.

Regards,

-- George Aroush

Posted by Pasha Bizhan <fc...@ok.ru>.
Hi,

Posted by Chuck Williams <ch...@allthingslocal.com>.
Doug Cutting wrote:

> Monsur Hossain wrote:
>
>> George, what about SharpZipLib:
>>
>> http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx
>>
>> It's a third-party project, but its written in C# and is under GPL.
>

> GPL unfortunately means that the library cannot be distributed by
> Apache with Lucene.Net.

George,

I think this may hold an answer:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/ZipCompression/default.aspx

J#.Net contains java.util.zip and can be accessed from C#.  The article
contains the details.

Will this work for you?

Chuck

Re: java.util.zip (was Questions about DeleteFile method)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Monsur Hossain wrote:
> George, what about SharpZipLib:
>
> http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx
>
> It's a third-party project, but its written in C# and is under GPL.

GPL unfortunately means that the library cannot be distributed by Apache
with Lucene.Net.

Doug