Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/13 23:00:37 UTC

wicket-examples

I'm not *that* familiar with wicket-examples so I would like to hear about
if anyone knows if there are any legal issues in it know and if all the
source code in it is ASL (compliant). In particular I'm thinking about these
folders:

src/test/java/com/meterware/httpunit (doesn't seem to be used, no license
header at all)
src/test/java/nl/openedge/util/jetty (some files has a non-ASL license
header which I haven't looked through yet, and some has a short copyright
notice in Dutch)

Anything else?

Frank

Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> But anyway are you willing/have enough rights to change the license to ASL?
> Else I will add them to NOTICE.txt
>
> Frank

Yep. I'm the author, and I'm fine with doing that.

Eelco

Re: Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/06, Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But anyway are you willing/have enough rights to change the license to ASL?
> Else I will add them to NOTICE.txt

He's the original author, regardless of the quality :-).

Move the code to the wicket namespace, and change to ASL. Or let Eelco
do so (with a critical eye) to be on the safe side.

Another option would be to flag it for removal/replacement. I have no
special attachment to these files, other than that they help run our
tests. With selenium-rc I think we can improve on our tests for
extensions though.

Martijn

--
for <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/stuff/wicket">Wicket</a>
at the <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/">Best Stuff in

Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/06, Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What about a file like this:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/wicket/trunk/wicket-examples/src/test/java/nl/openedge/util/jetty/JettyMonitorException.java?view=co
>
> Case of a stupid slip. I'll testify that in front of a jury :)

Hehe, does it say "All rights reserved?"

Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.

Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: wicket-examples

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/06, Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> src/test/java/com/meterware/httpunit (doesn't seem to be used, no license
> header at all)

This was a fix for XML and/or JavaScript not being parsed correctly, iirc.