Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se> on 2005/05/17 09:08:41 UTC

Converting plugins from M1 to M2

Hello

I'm thinking about trying to convert the tasklist plugin from Maven 1 to
Maven 2. Are there any good (not that complicated) plugins to look at,
that has been converted to M2? I need some example to look at, to get to
grips with what needs to be done.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Converting plugins from M1 to M2

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 09:08 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I'm thinking about trying to convert the tasklist plugin from Maven 1 to
>>Maven 2. Are there any good (not that complicated) plugins to look at,
>>that has been converted to M2? I need some example to look at, to get to
>>grips with what needs to be done.
>

> How about I give you the stub of a tasklist plugin and then you take it
> from there? I have todos all over the place and would really like that
> plugin done so I'd be willing you do up a feature lean version if you
> want to take it over.

That would be great!

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 09:08 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm thinking about trying to convert the tasklist plugin from Maven 1 to
> Maven 2. Are there any good (not that complicated) plugins to look at,
> that has been converted to M2? I need some example to look at, to get to
> grips with what needs to be done.

How about I give you the stub of a tasklist plugin and then you take it
from there? I have todos all over the place and would really like that
plugin done so I'd be willing you do up a feature lean version if you
want to take it over.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

RE: Converting plugins from M1 to M2

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Dennis,

I've started doing this but I don't have anything that I can show you yet.
I'd suggest that you take a look at the existing m2 plugins (this is what
I've done) and start developing some simple plugins to get the grips of it.

FYI, I'm currenty doing this conversion for the following plugins:
- Clover
- Cargo

Bear in mind that it's a full rewrite rather than a conversion... ;-)

I'm hoping that it's possible to have plugins that work in both m1 and m2 by
having a common part and adapters for each technology. I've not done that
yet though.

Thanks
-Vincent