Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul Baxendale <PB...@zetex.com> on 2007/02/21 13:26:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with mod_authn_dbm after upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2

I am just trying to upgrade a stable 2.0.x server to 2.2.4  everything
has gone really well including the php stuff.  One small problem, the
existing security no longer works.

All passwords, groups etc are in a GDBM file.

The error message is "(70023)This function has not been implemented on
this platform: could not open dbm (type GDBM) auth file:
/home/httpd/notintree/password"

I've checked file permissions.
I've roughed up a file based version to check everything else works (and
it does).
The file is readable by dbmmanage.

I'm stumped - anyone else any ideas?

Paul

Zetex Semiconductors - Solutions for an analog world.

http://www.zetex.com
http://www.zetex.cn

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_authn_dbm after upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:26:12 -0000
"Paul Baxendale" <PB...@zetex.com> wrote:

> I am just trying to upgrade a stable 2.0.x server to 2.2.4  everything
> has gone really well including the php stuff.  One small problem, the
> existing security no longer works.
>
> All passwords, groups etc are in a GDBM file.
>
> The error message is "(70023)This function has not been implemented on
> this platform: could not open dbm (type GDBM) auth file:
> /home/httpd/notintree/password"

Sounds like you've got APR-UTIL built without GDBM support.
Rebuild it with gdbm, or if you got it pre-built from a package,
check your package docs.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/