Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/04/12 14:51:50 UTC

[M2] Need for 2 test resource dirs?

Hi,

I'm trying to convert the Cargo build to m2. I have some junit tests that
require external resources like WARs, EARs. I have initially put them in
src/test/resources but I'm wondering if this is the right place.

Indeed, resources put in src/test/resources will get copied to the test
execution classpath which is not required for my junit tests. They need a
reference to the File objects.

Thus I'm wondering if there isn't the need for 2 standard test resource
dirs:

1/ src/test/resources
2/ src/test/resources-external (or some other name)

1/ would get copied to the test CP while 2/ would not.

Also, we could add a default system property in the surefire plugin so that
tests can easily get a reference object pointing to
src/test/resources-external.

What's m2 developer's view on this?

Thanks
-Vincent