Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 02:39:19 UTC

WANTED: Tapestry Success Stories

The start of conference season is just around the corner, and I'm
updating my presentations.

Probably THE most common question I get is "How well does Tapestry
scale?" usually qualified with "Can you name some high volume web
sites?".

PLEASE refresh my memory.  Preferably with some simple hits/day or
hits/hour kind of statistics. Recognizable names make a difference
too. I'm breaking myself to get the word out ... and help is
appreciated!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: WANTED: Tapestry Success Stories

Posted by Miguel Angel Hernández <mi...@gmail.com>.
Yes:

Ixe's bank portal is done in Tap3, also they have a really big Customer
Assistance System
build on Tapestry.

I will forward this mail to one of the main developers to see what details
we can get.

Regards,

Migs

Posted by Darío Vasconcelos <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Leffel, Daniel" <dl...@ebay.com>.
I'm "the guy from ebay". ;-)

The project I'm working on is probably not as grand as you think, but I
can't really talk about it yet.

There is an eBay company that is using Tapestry (3.0 I believe).
www.carad.com.

CarAd is one of the largest service providers for sellers on eBay Motors
and was acquired by eBay back in 2003 (I think). Their legacy system was
a Cold Fusion nightmare and has since been migrated to
Hibernate-Spring-Tap and subsequently has had one of the most stellar
release stability track records of any project at eBay (when measured by
bug count).

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

AW: WANTED: Tapestry Success Stories

Posted by Holger Stolzenberg <h....@ewerk.com>.
Maybe these WIKI pages can help:

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/PoweredByTapestry

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/SuccessStories

Posted by Marilen Corciovei <le...@nemesisit.rdsnet.ro>.
SOLIS (http://www.solis.ro/about-solis/view?set_language=en) is a sales
management product based on Tapestry 3. We have it in production since 4
years for clients which total sales sum up to much more than 100M
EUR/year. Some clients have almost 100 concurent users using the system
all day.

www.airlinair.com (http://www.resa-air.com/a5/be) is using reservation
system based on tapestry 3. Last year september for instance there where
617330 hits to the application.

Alciweb was developed for medium size French cityhalls. An
implementation is here http://www.montigny78.fr/alciweb/alciweb another
here http://www.2is-ivry.fr/2is/alciweb (different target) and a
description is here http://www.nemesisit.ro/clients/case-study

Not much volume, whould fit in the medium category but the first two are
quite critical as 10 minutes lost are equivalent to a lot of money lost.

Len
www.len.ro

Posted by Jeff Lubetkin <je...@zillow.com>.
Actually, I can share that we do over 90 million "hits" through Tapestry
per month, where a "hit" is either a page view, AJAX XMLHttpRequest, or
API call to our RESTful webservice.

jeff