Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Herbert Fischer <he...@crossengage.io> on 2016/03/21 18:08:31 UTC

Cassandra 2.2.4: FailureDetector: "Ignoring interval time of ..."

Hi,

I'm using Cassandra 2.2.4 and I we are getting ~4k messages per hour, per
node.

It doesn't look good to me. Is it normal? If not, any idea on what might be
wrong?

Thanks

Herbert

Re: Cassandra 2.2.4: FailureDetector: "Ignoring interval time of ..."

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.
This will only make failure detector calculations less accurate, so if
you're not having nodes flapping UP/DOWN or being incorrectly marked as
down, this shouldn't be a big problem. You'll probably want to tune
cassandra.fd_max_interval_ms for your cluster environment but I'm not
really familiar with these settings so tuning suggestions are welcome.

If you upgraded from a previous version, this started being logged on
debug.log only on 2.2 so there`s a chance it has been like this for a while
but was never noticed. See CASSANDRA-11388, CASSANDRA-7307 and
CASSANDRA-4375 for more background information.