Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jorge Pereira <jc...@inescporto.pt> on 2003/07/30 12:52:51 UTC

Re: help wanted - escaping from quotes

Hi Morten,

      First thanks for your replay.

      The problem is that if i do as you say (and i have tested this
before) the second URL does not apear in the rmi property and the rmid
can't download the jini classes. So it gives a "no class def found
/net/jini/core/something".

      In the sun documentation they say (and that is true) that, whenener
more that one url is neaded one must put the diferent url's in quotes
separated by a space in the refered java.rmi.server.codebase.

      The problem is that the jvmargs tag does not do this. I think you
are right. My first atempt was to put as you say, in the ant build.xml
but with no success.

      I think this is a bug in the ant <jvmargs> tag, but, until now, i
did not have a response from the ant team.

      So if i do:
          <jvmarg
value="-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///${basedir}/build/classes/
file:///$basedir/lib/jini/jini-core.jar" />
          - jmarg only provides the first url to forked jvm;
      and like this:
          <jvmarg
value='-Djava.rmi.server.codebase="file:///${basedir}/build/classes/
file:///$basedir/lib/jini/jini-core.jar"' />
          - jmarg only provides the first url to forked jvm with the first
quote, so "file:/// is an unknown protocol.

So anymore suggestions ???

      Regards,
          Jorge Pereira

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Jorge.

1. Can I ask why you are not using the <sysproperty> element to set
properties?

<java>
   <sysproperty key="java.rmi.server.codebase"
       value="file:///${basedir}/build/classes/" />

2. what does ant -verbose say?