Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by * William <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/24 00:11:58 UTC

SVN fix?

Hi all,

Do we know if there's a fix on the way for the absent SVN functionality in
Netbeans 9?

It makes the IDE pretty much unusable for project work at present.  For
example I  can't update to HEAD, commit or even look at history within
Netbeans.

I tried the HL interface and it was just reset back to the command line --
Which doesn't work as documented on the list earlier.  This happens on BOTH
Windows and Linux installations.

aloha,
         \_w_/
 ___________________________________

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Markus Kilås <jm...@xn--kils-soa.se>.
On 9/26/18 2:01 PM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 1:45 PM, * William <william.full.moon@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hmm
>
>     This matter was discussed  a month or more back.  There  appears to
>     be NO "SvbKit" and the 'JavaHL' reverts back to command line.
>
>     On the command line, the version is:
>
>     svn, version 1.8.16 (r1740329)
>        compiled May  5 2016, 17:51:02 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
>     Because the SVN functionality is not happening, new files, moves and
>     renames get lost and miss being committed.
>
>     This happens on Linux and Windows.  On the Windows box, it is
>     TortiseSVN client.  Netbeans v8.x al work as well as ever.  Not
>     certain on the TortiseSVN client version.  Again though, works with 8.2
>
>     Personally I call this a regression error.  No matter how it is
>     classified Netbeans 9 can't be used for production without an
>     external SVN client.
>

> Well, just in this mail thread you can see that others do not have this
> problem -- e.g.., "Hmm, I don't have any problems with SVN with NetBeans
> 9," says Thomas Kellerer, above.
>
> Maybe a difference in your environment between 8.2 and 9 is that you're
> using a different JDK, for example, which could have some influence in
> some way? Are there other differences between the two environments?
>
> Next week, we should have a new release, for Apache NetBeans 10, you
> could try that and see if it resolves your problem
>
> Gj

I don't have this problem with 8.2 but with 9.0 so I would also call it
a regression. Also I don't have this problem on an older system which
makes sense as the bug was related to the SVN version string and the
older system has an older SVN version.

The good thing is that I could use the development version of NetBeans
so the issue seems to have been fixed there.

Cheers,
Markus

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
You're welcome to join the NetCAT program and try out the latest release of
Apache NetBeans 10 and provide feedback:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Participants

Gj

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Andreas Hauffe <an...@tu-dresden.de>.
Hi,

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Fwd: SVN fix?

Posted by * William <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi again list,

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by * William <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hmm

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Andreas Hauffe <an...@tu-dresden.de>.
Hi,

this could be the problem when the minor version number of subversion is
greater than 9. This is bug

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-771

and it was resolved in

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/commit/c9d53a66c0518a3ee8008b781a1940c079808585

Andreas

Am 24.09.18 um 09:20 schrieb Thomas Kellerer:
>> Do we know if there's a fix on the way for the absent SVN
>> functionality in Netbeans 9?
>>
>> It makes the IDE pretty much unusable for project work at present.
>> For example I  can't update to HEAD, commit or even look at history
>> within Netbeans.
>>
>> I tried the HL interface and it was just reset back to the command
>> line -- Which doesn't work as documented on the list earlier.  This
>> happens on BOTH Windows and Linux installations.
> Hmm, I don't have any problems with SVN with NetBeans 9
>
> I am using Windows 10 and OpenJDK 10.
> My "Preferred Client" in the Subversion options of NetBeans is set to CLI
>
> Thomas

Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe
Leiter des Forschungsfeldes "Auslegungsmethoden für Luftfahrzeuge"

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263
mail : andreas.hauffe@tu-dresden.de
Website : http://tu-dresden.de/mw/ilr/lft
Do you know our free laminate analysis code eLamX²? If not, please visit the following web address:
http://www.elamx.de

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Re: SVN fix?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
What should the fix consist of? What is it that's missing or broken? What
are you going to do to contribute to this problem being fixed?

Pull requests are welcome, you can make one right now, this minute, if you
like: https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pulls

Happy to help and support you in that, just describe what's needed, let's
see what others on this mailing list can do to help -- though if you or no
one else wants to put in time or energy, it will not get fixed, now or ever.

Thanks,

Gj