Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Yassine MARZOUGUI <y....@mindlytix.com> on 2016/12/03 08:01:53 UTC

In 1.2-SNAPSHOT, EventTimeSessionWindows are not firing untill the whole stream is processed

Hi all,

With 1.1-SNAPSHOT, EventTimeSessionWindows fire as soon as the windows
boundaries are detected, but with 1.2-SNAPDHOT the state keeps increasing
in memory and the windows results are not emitted until the whole stream is
processed. Is this a temporary behaviour due to the developments in
1.2-SNAPSHOT, or a bug?

I am using a code similar to the follwoing:

env.setParallelism(1);

DataStream<T> sessions = env
    .readTextFile()
    .flatMap()
    .assignTimestampsAndWatermarks(new AscendingTimestampExtractor<>())
    .keyBy(1)
    .window(EventTimeSessionWindows.withGap(Time.minutes(5)))
    .apply().setParallelism(32)

sessions.flatMap(flatMapFunction1).setParallelism(32).writeAsCsv();
sessions.flatMap(flatMapFunction2).setParallelism(32).writeAsCsv();

Best,
Yassine

Re: In 1.2-SNAPSHOT, EventTimeSessionWindows are not firing untill the whole stream is processed

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
right now, the only way of shutting down a running pipeline is to cancel
it. You can do that in the JobManager dashboard or using the bin/flink
command. And the watermark extraction period does not depend on the watch
interval. It can be configured using
env.getConfig().setAutoWatermarkInterval(long).

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Posted by Yassine MARZOUGUI <y....@mindlytix.com>.
Hi Aljoscha,