Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kris Massey <km...@futurenet.co.uk> on 2007/04/18 11:08:51 UTC

Maven builds and eclipse

Hi all,

Im having some problems getting eclipse to work with the mvn
eclipse:eclipse task

My build creates the correct contents in the target file/WEB-INF/lib
folder, however when I run the eclipse task it picks up 3 extra jars,
Ive got no idea where from

The jars are to do with servlets, jsps and jsf. Im guessing that maven
thinks these jars are needed but when added they break the deployment
process...

Has anyone had a problem along these lines before?

Im new to maven so sorry if thats a little vague for what you guys need

Any help/guidance would be useful

Thanks
Kris

Future Publishing Limited (registered company number 2008885) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Future plc (registered company number 3757874), both of which are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered address at Beauford Court, 30 Monmouth Street, Bath BA1 2BW.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please reply to this email and then delete it. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Future.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Future accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Future may regularly and randomly monitor outgoing and incoming emails and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such monitoring.

*****
Save resources: think before you print.

Re: Maven builds and eclipse

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi Kris,

> My build creates the correct contents in the target file/WEB-INF/lib
> folder, however when I run the eclipse task it picks up 3 extra jars,
> Ive got no idea where from
>
> The jars are to do with servlets, jsps and jsf. Im guessing that maven
> thinks these jars are needed but when added they break the deployment
> process...
>
> Has anyone had a problem along these lines before?

I guess that one of the dependencies in your pom itself has a dependency on these extra jars...?

Cheers

Thorsten

Re: Maven builds and eclipse

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/07, Kris Massey <km...@futurenet.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Im having some problems getting eclipse to work with the mvn
> eclipse:eclipse task
>
> My build creates the correct contents in the target file/WEB-INF/lib
> folder, however when I run the eclipse task it picks up 3 extra jars,
> Ive got no idea where from
>
> The jars are to do with servlets, jsps and jsf. Im guessing that maven
> thinks these jars are needed but when added they break the deployment
> process...
>
> Has anyone had a problem along these lines before?
>
> Im new to maven so sorry if thats a little vague for what you guys need
>
> Any help/guidance would be useful

You pom.xml probably has the answers.  Can you include it?

RE: Maven builds and eclipse

Posted by Phill Moran <pj...@rogers.com>.
Are they dependencies of included jars? Can you check the POMs of the jars you
included